Moscow has many faces and grandiose, every time she turns to traveler thousands of not similar to other parties. Here multicolored onion domes of Orthodox temples side by side with the monumental skyscrapers in the style of «Stalin Empire style». The rich mansions of the aristocratic families of the Russian Empire stand side by side with trendy restaurants and clubs, spires, glass skyscrapers, business districts gleam with the beautiful backdrop of Kutuzovsky prospect.
In Moscow, a huge number of cultural sites – more than 400 museums, about the thousands of monuments, 130 theatres and dozens of concert halls. Most of the events of social life of the country from the Prime Minister to the international exhibitions taking place in the capital. In Moscow need to come for a long time to feel the spirit and energy of this dynamic city.
The most recognizable and visited places in the Russian capital. Red towers of the Kremlin, topped by a star is an established brand, a symbol of Moscow. With the XII centuries, the Kremlin served as a defensive structure, over the centuries it was repeatedly burned down and reconstructed. Red square has become a place of important public events. It held public meetings, fairs, parades and various cultural events.
The Cathedral was founded by order of Ivan the terrible thanks to the Lord for help in the capture of Kazan. Originally the building was the Golden dome and the walls of the red-and-white.
After a fire in XVIII century as a result of the restoration of the temple was painted in bright colors and now it towers over red square as colored sticks. The name was given in honor of the Holy fool Basil, who collected part of the money for the construction of the temple and gave them to Ivan the Terrible.
The business quarter of the capital, consisting of modern skyscrapers and futuristic design. The project is unique for Russia and Eastern Europe. The tallest tower of the complex «Federation» reaches a height of 235 meters, other buildings also has their own names. Moscow city called «Moscow Manhattan», the quarter was conceived as the Russian equivalent of London and new York business districts.
The Cathedral of Moscow, where he conducts the divine service the Patriarch. The temple was built in honor of the victory in the Patriotic war of 1812 according to the project of Konstantin ton, the work lasted more than forty years. During Soviet times, the building blew up, and in its place appeared a Palace of the Soviets, and later the pool «Moscow». The Cathedral was rebuilt in 1994-1997 and now has maximum resemblance with the original.
The oldest convent in the capital. According to legend, stands on the place where during the reign of the Golden Horde took the girls to send into slavery. The monastery was founded in 1524 by Vasily III. Subsequently vows in the monastery has hosted many Royal personages, and the girls from the princely and boyar families. Many came here against their will. Architectural plan of the monastery is a real fortress with strong walls.
The main Opera house in the country and one of the best theatres in the world. The theatre was built in 1825, but in 1853 the building burned down. Three years later a Large rebuilt. Extensive renovation was carried out in the years 1886-1893, in 1958, in 2005-2011 the Monumental building of the theater is decorated with massive columns, the interior amazes with luxury. Special attention is given crystal chandelier in the main auditorium.
Art Museum with a rich collection based merchant family of Tretyakovs. In 1861, in his will Tretyakov gave the family gallery and the city has defined cash amount for its maintenance. In 1893, the Museum was officially opened to the public. The Tretyakov gallery is the largest (more than 180 thousand exhibits) collection of Russian painting, printmaking, iconography.
Located on red square and is one of the major Metropolitan museums. In the countless halls of the Museum covering all eras in Russian history from ancient times to the XX century. Also presents an extensive exhibition on the history of other States. The Museum was founded by decree of Alexander II in 1872. In 1990, the building is included in the UNESCO world heritage list together with the red square.
The Museum gallery was opened in 1913, the basis of the collection were exhibits from the collection of the fine arts and antiquities of Moscow University. Later purchased the original samples of the culture of Ancient Egypt. During the XX century the Museum had developed and expanded, currently contains about 700 items. In the halls are constantly held various exhibitions world-famous authors.
Park complex with memorials dedicated to the Victory in the great Patriotic war of 1941-1945 Before you start in construction in 1987, the hill on Poklonnaya hill was partially razed. Officially, the Park was opened in 1995. The Central monument is an obelisk topped by a statue of the goddess Nike, 141.8 meters in height. In 2009-2010, is burning, the Eternal Flame, transferred to the period of reconstruction of the Alexander garden.
Vorobievi hills is considered the main observation deck of Moscow, overlooking the valley of the Moskva river, Luzhniki, the Stalinist skyscraper, and the skyscrapers of Moscow-city. Nearby MSU. Parkland hills is a great place for walking, Cycling and rollerblading, Jogging. Next to the observation for many years going Moscow bikers.
A large Park area in the North-East of the capital with numerous exhibition halls, manicured walkways, fountains, cafes, concert venues. ENEA is one of the most popular places of recreation on the weekends. Here you can visit the Oceanarium, the historic pavilion, innovative exhibitions, farmers markets, theater and even a «port» to the pool and beach. At ENEA lot of cyclists, skaters and other athletes.
The television tower, an important symbol of the capital. The tower provides a broadcast to the whole of Russia, there are TV studios and offices are the main channels. In the height of the building reaches 540 meters. Ostankino tower was built in the period 1963-1967, in those days it was considered the tallest building in Europe. For visitors there are special tour to the tower with a visit to the observation deck.
Arched gate on Kutuzov Avenue, erected in honor of victory in the Patriotic war of 1812. The building was built by architect Bovet in 1829-1834, and later in 1936 the arch was dismantled. Reconstructed gate once again appeared on the Avenue only to 1968 the Inscription on the top of the old designs glorified the deeds of Alexander I in the Russian language and in Latin, a new label has immortalized the feat of Russian soldiers in 1812.
Seven high-rise buildings built in the pompous style of «Stalin Empire style» in the mid-twentieth century. These unique structures according to the idea of the leader was to symbolize the power and greatness of Moscow and the whole USSR. In buildings, there is a University, MFA, hotels, residential apartments. In Soviet times, housing in these luxury homes were distributed only a great scientist and statesman.
The famous promenade of the capital, where, surrounded by a charming Moscow mansions of the previous century are the street performers and draw portraits of the artists.
On Arbat street has many souvenir shops, restaurants and small interesting museums. The street is included in the compulsory program of visits of foreign tourists, so here they can be seen in considerable quantity.
A small Park in the city center, a popular place for walks among locals. The garden was founded by businessman and philanthropist J. Schukin in the late nineteenth century. The last major reconstruction was made in the late 90-ies of XX century. In the Park there are three theaters and an outdoor stage for summer concerts. In warm time of the year it often hosts a variety of festivals and events that attract many visitors.
A large area of the arts, located on the Crimean waterfront. The art area includes open-air, landscaped gardens, fountains, contemporary art objects and numerous walking paths. Krymskaya embankment itself is a picturesque pedestrian area on the banks of the Moscow river, comfortable and romantic place, quickly gained popularity among tourists and Muscovites themselves.
Numerous art ateliers, galleries, studios, designers, showrooms, occupying the former building of confectioner’s factory «Red October». This kind of Bohemian center of the capital, where constantly there the fashion of the public and famous people. The building of the factory of red brick is a classic sample of industrial architecture of the early XX century.
The Park is located on the embankment of the Moscow river. In recent years, the place has turned into a point of attraction advanced audience. Here they regularly organize activities devoted to the protection of the environment, vegetarian festivals, competitions, skateboarders and other events. The Park often becomes the venue of a major city holidays, winter for several years on the territory of the ice rink.